Salmon River Jet Boat Tours
Our Jet Boat Tours are a big hit for any occasion. Your Salmon River adventure will begin at 10:00 a.m. (MST). We’ll give you directions, and you will drive to either the Spring Bar, or Vinegar Creek launch site, (depending on the water level) where you’ll meet your expert guide. You and your fellow passengers will board one of our Coast Guard approved jet boats and begin a trip through breathtaking scenery.
River of No Return Wilderness
You will get to see the living history of the Salmon River country as you head upriver into the Frank Church Wilderness Area through exciting rapids. The route passes by old gold mines, Chinese-built rock houses, and wildlife such as bighorn sheep, deer, elk, bear, and eagles. The first stop will be at the Polly Bemis Ranch. Polly was an early settler in this rugged country, where she lived and thrived for many years. After a visit to her home, now a museum, (and a restroom break) we are back on the water.
Fishing & Other Activities
Next its off to the James Ranch. Once there you will enjoy your lunch on a sandy beach just perfect for swimming, gold panning, or just relaxing in the sun. Fishing is also possible for those with the desire (and a license). After a good break, it’s back on the water and off to the confluence of the South Fork of the Salmon River.
Buckskin Bill Homestead and Museum
With enough water, your trip will continue on to the Buckskin Bill Homestead and Museum. Buckskin Bill was a long-time Salmon River resident who carved out his life with unique style and skill. He was a true mountain man and you will be amazed by examples of his handiwork. After an unforgettable day, you’ll head back downriver to the mornings launch site. Our Salmon River tour will take you through some of the most beautiful scenery in the country, and will provide memories that will last a lifetime.
Private Salmon River Jet Boat Charters are available for your special group, and are perfect for a family reunion, or a class or company trip. Space is limited and advance reservations are required to assure your place, so call today!
One-Day Jet Boat Tours
- Tours start at 10:00 a.m. (MST) and conclude at 4:00 p.m. (MST).
- Salmon River tours depart from Spring Bar (11 miles east of Riggins) or from Vinegar Creek (26 miles east of Riggins) depending on the water flows. River Adventures will confirm the launch site before your trip.
- Hells Canyon Snake River tours depart from Pittsburg Landing. River Adventures will provide directions.
- You can provide your own lunch and beverages or for a small fee per person, have us coordinate it for you!
- Group tours and charters are available.
- Wear comfortable clothing such as shorts and swimsuits in warm weather.
- Be sure to bring your camera so you can photograph the bighorn sheep!
- We also suggest bringing sunscreen, lip balm, and sunglasses.
- Hells Canyon Jet Boat Tour Tour Costs $175 per person
- The Salmon River Jet Boat Tour Costs $165 per person with a $4 use fee to be paid to the United States Forest Service at the Vinegar Creek ramp site.
- Advance reservations are required and will confirm the price.
- If the tour is canceled because of unfavorable water conditions, River Adventures will refund your deposit.