River of No Return Wilderness
You will get to see the living history of the Salmon River country as you head upriver into the Frank Church Wilderness Area through exciting rapids. The route passes by old gold mines, Chinese-built rock houses, and wildlife such as bighorn sheep, deer, elk, bears, and eagles. The first stop will be at the Polly Bemis Ranch. Polly was an early settler in this rugged country where she lived and thrived for many years. After a visit to her home, now a museum, (and a restroom break) we are back on the water.
Buckskin Bill Homestead and Museum
With enough water, your trip will continue on to the Buckskin Bill Homestead and Museum. Buckskin Bill, a long-time Salmon River resident who carved out his life with unique style and skill. He was a true mountain man and you will be amazed by examples of his handiwork.
After an unforgettable day, you’ll head back downriver to the mornings launch site.
Our Salmon River jet boat tour will take you through some of the most beautiful scenery in the country and will provide memories that will last a lifetime.
Salmon River Jet Boat Tours
- Tours start at 10:00 AM (MST) and conclude at 4:00 PM (MST).
- Salmon River day trip tours depart from Vinegar Creek (26 miles east of Riggins). River Adventures will provide directions.
- Lunch is provided!
- Group tours are available.
- Wear comfortable clothing such as shorts and swimsuits in warm weather.
- Be sure to bring your camera so you can photograph the bighorn sheep!
- We also suggest bringing sunscreen, lip balm, and sunglasses.
- The Salmon River Jet Boat Tour Costs $165+tax per person with a $4 Forest Service Use Fee.
- Reservations are required and will confirm the price.
- Optional shuttle service available for $25/person.
Private Salmon River Jet Boat tours are available for your special group, and are perfect for a family reunion, or a class or company trip. Space is limited, and advance reservations are required to assure your place, so call today!